Delivering Manufacturing Solutions
Manufacturing of customer products is a multi-faceted and complex issue. Challenging specifications, quality requirements, budgets and timescales require optimisation at all stages of the process.
On-time fault free product delivery is crucial and manufacturing know-how and expertise underpins success.
Close cooperation with the customer teams, design for manufacture, prototyping and careful planning throughout implementation are key elements of the project management process.
- Program objectives and constraints
- Commercial optimisation
- Development, design for manufacture and simultaneous engineering support
- Production planning and quality assurance
- Manufacturing flexibility and responsiveness
MAHLE Powertrain's extensive experience in machining and the assembly of powertrains brings knowledge and understanding thus enabling us to offer a range of services and add value to customer products, their needs and expectations.
Project management and advanced quality planning systems promotes fault-free on-time delivery against agreed milestones and gateways.
Our Powertrain manufacturing heritage is complemented by MAHLE Group's global knowledge and manufacture of engine components and sub-systems.
- A comprehensive range of in-house precision manufacturing services
- Providing value and quality through knowledge, experience and commitment
- Prototypes, batch and series production are available according to requirements
- Problem solving and innovative solutions
- A culture of right first time, continuous improvement and delivering to customer expectations
- Long history of success in the automotive sector
- Flexibility to supply diverse non-automotive applications
- Machining and assembly operations
- Ability to support the process from concept to production
- Customer focused and flexible approach
- Familiarity with complex specifications, high quality requirements and short lead-times
- Highly skilled and experienced operators and engineers
- Continuous improvement approach to maintain class leading products and services
- Machining facilities for prototypes, low or higher volume series scenarios
- Assembly operations and end-of-line testing
- Support for niche or specialist components and spare parts
- Make-like-production approach for pre-series manufacture
- Supply chain management and Supplier Quality Assurance
- Tier 1 management expertise
- Machining and assembly capabilities for a range of batch and volume requirements
- Manufacturing input into design from concept through to production
- Flexible CNC machines, CMM's and product specific process equipment configured to optimise the production process
- MAHLE Group worldwide production expertise
- Strong relationships with machine tool and tooling suppliers
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) capability for fast and efficient data communication
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) using an established PLM system