MachiningMAHLE Powertrain is a Tier 1 and Tier 2 supplier providing flexible solutions in an increasingly complex and demanding global automotive industry. OE manufacturers can use our production facilities for all types of programmes - whether prototype or series, low or medium volumes, ramp up/ramp down, high or low complexity, niche or mainstream. MAHLE Powertrain offers experience, options and concepts that add true customer value.
Dedicated machining facilities for both aluminum and cast iron
- Agile and flexible processes
- Shorter production lead-times
- Flexible volume capability
- An 'economy of scale' approach tailored to product and business requirements
- A cost effective combination of capital and labour
- Full process traceability
- A continuous improvement approach
- Close co-operation with customers on facility and process development
- Technical support for the design and development process
- Full life-cycle support including planning for spares and aftermarket
- A cross-functional team approach
With our comprehensive range of resources, manufacturing know-how, production equipment and extensive sub-supplier network, we can react quickly to our customers' needs, whether for a new program or support for an unplanned shortfall in their capacity.
MAHLE Powertrain's cross-functional team approach ensures that projects are managed effectively and are responsive to changes in customer requirements. Our planning and production engineers design the production lines and specify the machine tools and equipment that are both appropriate for the programme and cost-effective. Experienced engineers, team leaders and operators monitor the process flow to ensure that each cell achieves high productivity levels, whatever the circumstances.
Within the production area MAHLE Powertrain has a comprehensive range of modern, flexible CNC machine tools, integrated pallet pool systems, sister and spare tooling packages, in-process equipment such as specialist sub-assembly equipment, washing machines and pressure test stations, all arranged in modular product cells for cost-effective and flexible manufacturing.
- Aluminium and cast-iron machining
- Cylinder heads, blocks and other structural parts are a speciality
- On and Off highway products
- Prototyping and specialist products
- Production series and low volume
- Service parts
- Extensive OEM experience
- OEM plant rationalisation services – ramp-up/ramp-down
- Complements in-house Engineering, Foundry and Assembly operations