Delivering Manufacturing SolutionsCustomer Requirements
Manufacturing of customer products is a multi-faceted and complex issue. Challenging specifications, quality requirements, budgets and timescales require optimisation at all stages of the process.
On-time fault free product delivery is crucial and manufacturing know-how and expertise underpins success.
Close cooperation with the customer teams, design for manufacture, prototyping and careful planning throughout implementation are key elements of the project management process.
- Program objectives and constraints
- Commercial optimisation
- Development, design for manufacture and simultaneous engineering support
- Production planning and quality assurance
- Manufacturing flexibility and responsiveness
MAHLE Powertrain's extensive experience in design and manufacture of complex castings their machining and the assembly of powertrains brings knowledge and understanding thus enabling us to offer a range of services and add value to customer products, their needs and expectations.
Project management and advanced quality planning systems promotes fault-free on-time delivery against agreed milestones and gateways.
Our Powertrain manufacturing heritage is complemented by MAHLE Group's global knowledge and manufacture of engine components and sub-systems.
- Long history of success in the automotive sector
- Flexibility to supply diverse non-automotive applications
- High quality in-house casting, machining and assembly operations
- Ability to support the process from concept to production
- Customer focused and flexible approach
- Familiarity with complex specifications, high quality requirements and short leadtimes
- Highly skilled and experienced operators and engineers
- Continuous improvement approach to maintain class leading products and services
- Aluminium foundry operations experienced in high quality casting using the 'COSCAST™' Process
- Machining facilities for prototypes, low or higher volume series scenarios
- Assembly operations and end-of-line testing
- Support for niche or specialist components and spare parts
- Make-like-production approach for pre-series manufacture
- Supply chain management and Supplier Quality Assurance
- Tier 1 management expertise
- A comprehensive range of in-house precision manufacturing services
- Providing value and quality through knowledge, experience and commitment
- Prototypes, batch and series production are available according to requirements
- Problem solving and innovative solutions
- A culture of right first time, continuous improvement and delivering to customer expectations
Our Tools and Facilities
- Casting, machining and assembly capabilities for a range of batch and volume requirements
- Manufacturing input into design from concept through to production
- Flexible CNC machines, CMM's and product specific process equipment configured to optimise the production process
- MAHLE Group worldwide production expertise
- Strong relationships with machine tool and tooling suppliers
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) capability for fast and efficient data communication
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) using an established PLM system